ANNUAL REFRESHER TRAINING
ON-SITE WASTE WATER TREATMENT TIERED PERMITTING
Tiered Permitting. Tiered Permitting, a California regulation, is triggered by any hazardous waste
treatment that is not subject to Federal EPA treatment permitting. Included is wastewater pretreatment prior to discharge to a Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW).
• Conditionally Exempt – Small Quantity Generator (CESQG).
• Conditionally Exempt – Specified Waste Streams (CESW).
• Conditionally Authorized (CA).
• Permit By Rule (PBR).
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Compliance with all hazardous waste generator requirements (all tiers).
• Proper treatment residual management (all tiers).
• Written operating instructions (all tiers).
• Maintenance of an operating log (all tiers).
• Proper closure of the treatment unit (all tiers).
• Modified disclosure of environmental violations and convictions (CA or PBR).
• An environmental assessment of the entire facility (CA or PBR).
• Closure plans (CA or PBR).
• Corrective action requirements (CA or PBR).
• Tank and container certification of integrity and secondary containment (CA or PBR).
• Generator Training Requirements
Please add additional attendee names in notes at checkout.