ANNUAL REFRESHER TRAINING
ON-SITE WASTE WATER TREATMENT TIERED PERMITTING
Tiered Permitting. Tiered Permitting, a California regulation, is triggered by any hazardous waste treatment that is not subject to federal EPA treatment permitting. Included is wastewater pretreatment prior to discharge to a Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW).
- Conditionally Exempt – Small Quantity Generator (CESQG).
- Conditionally Exempt – Specified Waste Streams (CESW).
- Conditionally Authorized (CA).
- Permit By Rule (PBR).
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Compliance with all hazardous waste generator requirements (all tiers).
- Proper treatment residual management (all tiers).
- Written operating instructions (all tiers).
- Maintenance of an operating log (all tiers).
- Proper closure of the treatment unit (all tiers).
- Modified disclosure of environmental violations and convictions (CA or PBR).
- An environmental assessment of the entire facility (CA or PBR).
- Closure plans (CA or PBR).
- Corrective action requirements (CA or PBR).
- Tank and container certification of integrity and secondary containment (CA or PBR).
- Generator Training Requirements
***Please add attendee name and email for each person in the notes during checkout