OCTOBER DOUBLE HEADER
FLOOR MANAGEMENT PLAN & HAZARDOUS AIR POLLUTANTS (HAPs)
The Metal Finishing Associations of Southern California and Northern California in concert with the DTSC and CUPA has prepared a Floor Management Guidance Document to comply with federal, state and local agency environmental regulations. The areas of concern dealt with by this Guidance Document are the floors wherever Hazardous Materials and Waste are used or stored.
Why a Floor Management Plan? Without one you could be fined up to $37,500 a day by your CUPA for any liquid found in your secondary containment system or shop floor.
What does it do?
1. Assure environmental compliance in a timely manner
2. Establish daily operational standards for maintaining the cleanliness of the process floors in the company’s metal finishing process and storage areas.
3. Provide an organized procedure for evaluation, cleaning, and maintaining the company’s process and storage floors.
4. Implement selected best management practices to accomplish the company’s environmental goals.
5. Provide a work environment that protects worker health and safety.
6. Prevent a release of hazardous materials to the environment by reducing and / or eliminating spills in all process and storage areas.
7. Protect the company’s employees and facilities from contamination or deterioration.
Training Requirements. The training program must be designed to ensure that employees understand their role in this Floor Management Program.
1. The training will cover hazardous waste source reduction, drag-out reduction of process solutions, proper racking and rinsing techniques, inspection and
2. Identification of any hazards of materials and wastes being handled.
3. In-house hazardous waste management policies and procedures.
4. Emergency procedures.
5. Use of handling equipment and safety equipment.
6. Documentation and record keeping.
GOT HAPs?? HAPs = CADMIUM, CHROMIUM, LEAD, MANGANESE AND/OR NICKEL.
NATIONAL EMISSIONS STANDARD FOR HAZARDOUS AIR POLLUTANTS (HAPS)
AREA SOURCE STANDARDS FOR PLATING & POLISHING OPERATIONS
40 CFR PART 63, SUBPART WWWWWW
The NESHAP standard for Platers and Polishers will be reviewed.
Compliance Requirements & Annual Certification
Register early space is limited! There is an additional fee of $150 if you need a compliance manual (please order below).
Register below or Download Registration Form